Re: DL4 Review and Group Discount Price via Alto Music

> What I still don't know: is the *looper* on the DL-4 true stereo?
And another question: when you're not doing any overdubs and just play
the loop, will it loop forever or is the sound slowly decaying?

Most of the delays are mono, a couple have stereo effects, but the
DL4 DOES pass a stereo signal.  But the looper is mono and so is the
delay preceding it.

For instance... if you loop square wave panning, (which I do a bit of
on my Boss GT-5) when the first repetition begins, the panning
disappears and sounds like a smooth note again (for the most part)
stereo image GONE... Also chorus/flange stuff just doesn't retain it's
pizazz when the reps start and they repeat in mono. This is why I
stereoize my EDP (and previously my JamMan)... and why I ultimately
want a second EDP. I'm getting sick of losing my original stereo image
and having to poorly recreate it with a secondary stereoizer.

While it seems that the majority of the DL4 delay models can be 100%
wet and work well on an aux send, they've left this off the looper.
This seems to be a strange compromise considering they've provided it
elsewhere in all the other models. There's always going to be dry
signal present and this will cause phase problems.

Repeats appear to regenerate indefinitely when not overdubbing. Even
when overdubbing, they still hang in there for a LONG time. I put it
on overdub and input nothing to test how quickly the level reduces,
and it's a long wait for any appreciable reduction in level. You CAN
just reach down to the mix control and balance things which is quite
nice. It's very responsive and not overly sensitive... very user
friendly.

It's also cool that you can turn the mix down completely for loading
a ton of information into the box for later use by turning up the mix
knob...

And... I was using the C batteries and still going strong after 2
hours...

-Miko