Sony Rip-Off issue resolved!!!

In all fairness I should post this, even though I said I wouldn't post on
this issue anymore. Anyway it turns out the the record label guy sent a
letter to the 300+ of us that protested. He apologized and said he wasn't
going to make the CD's anymore, so if you were going to write him hate
mail,
it's not necessary anymore!

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest on LD in this issue so
this is definitely the last post about it.

sorry,
Mr. Tough
"TAKING YOUR MEAT AND STEALING YOUR FIRE SINCE 1897!"

Mike & Rolando,

unfortunately  you were not able to get back to me personally. Some direct
words
from  you  to us could have avoided a lot of misunderstandings, wrong
suspicions
and excitement causing damage to both sides.

Obviously  you  think, that it is our aim to make UR customers buy Sony
records.
Kind  of  paradoxical. We don?t share your point of view that a cover
version of
Jaguar  makes  you  sell  less  records. The people interested in  your
original
vinyl  are  way different to Sony buyers. People who have bought UR
records
will
still buy UR records.

In  the past days we have received a lot of feedback from the underground
our
cover.  Apart from some people just abusing Sony Music with 4-letter
words,
many
people express their feelings in a detailed and reasonable style.

We understand that you generally disagree with the whole major company
business.
In this case Sony can be reproached for picking up someone elses idea for
profit
reasons  without  taking  care of the attitude of the inventor. We
realize,
that
even  that we are save on the legal side and the reactions from the
?overground?
to  our version are euphoric, its commercial release would cause a damage
the
relationship  of  the industry to the underground that could not be
compensated.
We see ourselves as a company supporting and benefitting from inventive
artists.

Instead  of  trying to benefit from the huge buzz that has been created,
we
have
decided  to  respect your attitude and declare that we will not work any
further
on  the  Jaguar cover. Sony Music will not commercially release the track
rather
on CD maxi or compilations. We are quite sure, that a different company
will
use
the idea and milk the cashcow.

We  are  sorry  that  we have hurt your feelings. Finally at least the UR
record
will  benefit  from the story. We wish you good luck and a lot of sales
for
this
classic piece of music.

Regards