Re: New EDP works fine after replacing the memory

I finally got a chance to play with my new EDP last night.  It worked 100%
out of
the box.  But let me tell you, after hearing all the sad stories here on
the LD
list, I was _expecting_ the worst.  I haven't tried any of the obscure
parameter
options, just the record, overdub, insert, multiply, undo, but that is at
least
95% of what I want.

One thing that is strange about it is it makes a rather loud "thunk" sound
when I
turn the power on - kind of like a hammer sound.  This is not coming from
my amp,
this is inside the EDP.  Is it normal for it to make this sound or is it a
sign
that the infamous fuse is a few electrons short of blowing?

No one has mentioned the color yet.  It is the same color as the old ones
from
what I can tell from the LD web page.  It is missing the cool Oberhiem
logo but
the Gibson logo isn't that bad, big, or ugly.

-Allan