sp 202 issues

hey, thank you all very much for the input. i'm
begginning to think i should have it looked at
eventually. i would send it in, but i was an ignorant
17 year old when i bought the thing, which was a
display unit, and never thought to ask, "hey, where's
my warranty card?"

anyway, thanks again.

take care,

phil

Ever consider the notion that you may have a failure
with your unit? It
is possible that the reliability issue is a bad solder
connection or
failed piece of circuitry. I've been repairing gear
for a few decades
now and have seen about every possible failure. The
majority seem to be
a function of a failed solder connection. Be it the
connection itself
or
the component further down the path. Just my two
cents...

Be Well

Will Brake
Soul Fruit

Dave Trenkel wrote:

> >i've never really experienced fidelity issues with
the
> >202. my issue has been that in trying to create
longer
> >samples (30 seconds plus) it might record it, but
> >eventually play back would fuck up about half way
> >through a sample, and continue looping the place
where
> >it got stuck, plus sampling quantization noise etc.
>
> For whatever it's worth, I've never had that problem
with mine,
either
> recording to the internal memory or to the smart
card. I regularly
record
> really long samples to the card without any glitch.
> >
> >now that the price is coming down, it really can't
be
> >beat for the price. but they seem to be fragile. i
> >would suggest that anyone really try one out before
> >buying it used.
>
> Agreed. It's a pretty limited piece of gear, but can
be had for cheap
and
> can be fun if you can live with its limitations.

=====
"Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what
it's like to live inside somebody else's skin.

 It is the knowledge that there can never really be any
peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally
for you too."
                                   -Frederick Buechner