RE: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad

Title: RE: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad

i was discussing this sort of thing last night with a friend. people have to *want* to search out the "good stuff"  - - and i'm not convinced that anybody wants to search out anything unless it's the color of their next car.

besides, maybe the are listening to the "good stuff" - - maybe we all need to get over ourselves. or maybe there have always been people who listen to music as "entertainment" and those who listen to it as "art."

stig

others wrote:
>I have faith that people can make their own choices.
interesting comment, given that there're already **all** kindsa myriad
avenues lined/caked/soaked w/'good' music (-that which is outside the
'mainstream'-) that folks do not seem inclined to 'seek out'.
eh?
to some degree:
people chose milosevic. people chose hitler. people chose jim jones. people
chose, well..... you probably follow my line (via these rather extreme
examples) by now.
best,
dt / s-c