RE: MIDI Still?

For all the really smart people out there.

A midi event or singal can be sent over data lines (the internet). But how
fast is it, and is a midi signal the fastest vehicle musicians have for web
jams...

I supposed there will always be a delay in audio, something like .004 ms.
or
something (anyone know for sure) This delay which is fine for phone calls,
but not a jam.

Is midi our best bet to beat the delay, won't it enable us to one day jam
with others on line to a preset time code, swapping and sharing midi evnet
files from our repeater and edp in timecode?

(In the virtual world,  what is realtime to me may still be 4 seconds
behind
you, but when you're sync'd to a clock what does it matter? As long as the
tempo stays the same for all involved.)

PART 2
Anyone using rocketnetwork?

thanks