Re: EDP switches for drummers

> > Has anyone considered a better way for a drummer to use the EDP
footpedal
> > controls.

another idea that may or may not work:  try using the threshold record
function.  This will set up the EDP to record starting the moment that you
start playing.  If you place the unit near your left hand, you can hit
record at the end of a cycle pretty easily.

Yet another idea.  I believe that you could wire a switch in parallel with
the footpedal.  This single switch would control the record button, which
for many loopers is the only function that needs to be carefully controlled
timing-wise. Experiment with where to put this switch - but you could
probably get one that would work by hitting it with a stick I'd bet.  Need
more details?  I can explain how to wire this, but you'll need to have some
(very) basic soldering skills.
Jon