Re: playing loops or let the looper play?

  Hey Matthias, you said, when you practice for a ritual, you dont really
call the spirits.

  This is precisely my point,  why don't you really call the spirits?  -and
are you sure that you aren't already?  This can get into the idea of ritual
itself.  I know this sounds on the surface perhaps a bit confusing, but are
you not playing when you practice?   Are you not practicing as you play?
-And if you do note a difference, what is it?...
  This is of course, just an observation I personally bring up with my
students, and one which I particularly like, and one also which to me at
least, has a great impact on not only music and looping, but creativity and
understanding in general.   <smile>  -just my thoughts, thanks for taking
time to read and comment on my note.   -Hope yer' having a wonderful
evening!...   -Catch ya laters!

Smiles,

CQ

 At 01:26 AM 11/12/02 -0200, you wrote:
>>   It was said, is it really the same feeling?
>>>
>>>You refer to practicing, practicing vs. improvising...?
>>
>>what is the difference between practicing and playing?...
>>
>>Smiles,
>>
>>CQ
>
>ok... when you look at little cats, there is none.
>but when you practice for a ritual, you dont really call the spirits.
>--
>

>          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org

---

-Then, anything is possible..."