Re: A REQUEST TO CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE etc..

At 11:18 AM 11/20/2002, Daryl wrote:
>this is my very first post...hello everybody.  I've been enjoying the
>almost-entirely-friendly slant of this list (Miko aside) and I don't
>understand
>this tone, it's a fairly simple request.

How do you know if it's a "simple request"?  I'm the one who has to do the
work to make this site happen, not you. I think I'm in a better position
make that judgement. My effort for LD is not only unpaid, but at an
enormous cost out of my pocket and my own time for the past 6 and a half
years. You, on the other hand, have never contributed anything here other
than one post to whine at me. How about if you first chip in a significant
amount of a) labor, b) money, c) knowledge, or d) all three, and then you
will have earned the right to be as bitchy as you want.

>Here's the problem; if you need to
>check email remotely with a browser-based client (or from most hand-held
>Blackberry-type devices) , you can't use filters.

that is a problem with those services being inadequate, not with LD.
Complain to them.

>This is the only group I'm a
>part of, or have ever been a part of, that doesn't have a prefix,

I'm on over a dozen lists, and most do not use prefixes. Of course, they
are mostly lists aimed at tech professionals who can figure out their
email
programs. The ones that do have prefixes have added them in the past few
years, for the reasons previously explained.

kim

PS, everybody already saw my previous mail, there was no reason to quote
the entire thing back in the message:

> > an anti-logo thing? that doesn't seem like me.
> >
> > no, you are not going to like hearing this, but it is an anti-moron
>thing.

[the rest edited out]