Re: Finally loving my Repeater :)

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 11:30 PM, Greg House wrote:

> Interesting. What was the perspective change that got you there?

Simply sound. Up until now, I've played just solo electric violin
through the loopers... one instrument - with all the rhythm, bass,
countermelodies, backing etc. from the violin. Now, I have a full
band... bass, percussion, orchestra, choir.... in fact, whatever the
hell I want. :)

I started looking at the music from a completely different perspective.
Having a microphone with the flutes next to it, a keyboard just
underneath, and a bass/percussion trigger on the floor (FC-200) meant
that I was never too far away from switching instruments. Gone now is
the pressure of continuously maintaining the progression of the loop
and the piece with a solo instrument, and in its place is the freedom
of being able to add texture - even when the Repeater is throwing
wobblies.

I never considered using the FC-200 as a keyboard before. Being able to
play an irish jig and bass at the same time is....er....inspiring :)

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com