Re: [looper's] RE: First Excursions into Frippertronics

Would the current "Terry's Commercial Name Recognition
Factor, was:Frippertronics", the "Won't Get Gated
Again" Townshend organ discussion, and Rick's "Change
the Subject Name" threads become hopelessly tangled if
I point out that a gazillion-selling Who hit was named
partly in honor of Riley.

OK, so it's not an example of *Riley's* own work
playing in Peoria, and granted, more people probably
think the title of the song is "Teenage Wasteland",
but it's possible that Riley's profile got a boost
akin to the phenomenon of 70's Rush fans checking out
the works of Ayn Rand because of Neil Peart's lyrics.
Likewise, I know I first heard of Carla Bley because
of the "Fictitious Sports" album she did under Nick
Mason's name.

-t-