Re: walnut drawing analogy/looping(?)

I'm not sure if I think Fripps use of the feedback pitch shifting would
be called "cliché" at this point... my problem is that he uses it too
much in some of his soundscape work.  Due to the fact that he's mostly
using a chromatic shift, it all becomes atonal.  I just happen to like
that type of thing better when it's juxtaposed to something with a tonal
center.  My personal taste, that's all.  There was a time when I was all
about the microtonal thing, but I grew tired of it.  I find it's a nice
place to visit, but staying there is too much.

Mark Sottilaro