Re: improv with others

I've certainly been tempted by the SRM 450. My problem with that approach
is
two-fold:

First, it leaves me with a bigger rig when the whole point was to try to be
more portable.

Second, it seems like overkill a lot of the time. For those who have these
speakers, how well do they work at reasonably low -- i.e., home studio --
volumes?

For a really compact, DG-Stomp based solution, it's too bad that the DG60FX
(i.e., the DG-Stomp in a combo amp, not the original DG60) doesn't have an
effects loop. At least I don't think it does.

So, I could spend $700 and get the really versatile SRM 450 but end up with
one more thing to haul around. Or I could spend $600 and get a DG-80 and
stick an EDP in the effects loop when looking for a mobile solution. Of
course, I guess I should offset its mobility with the absence of floor
control unless I add a MIDI controller...

Mark