Re: brotherhood of the bass

Bass is where it's at.  The bridge between melody, harmony, and rhythm.

"Where's the cellist?"  Nah, sorry, that was my volume pedal and my C
string.

I take your CMA7 chord, put an A in the bottom and you're in AMI9ville.  Or
maybe I'll put an F down there and take you to FMA9(#11)land.  Come along,
little doggie.  Anthony Jackson is the king of bass reharmonization.  I
love
the albums he's on with Steve Khan and Dennis Chambers ("Crossings" and
"Headline").  Steve plays all these ambiguous fourthy voicings, so Anthony
does these great reharmonizations all the time.

My ghost notes thud around and masquerade as a conga player.

Bass is the bomb.