Re: Bass and Guitar Distortion Device...

On Sun, 4 May 2003 02:54:07 -0600, Jesse Ray Lucas
<jlucas@neoprimitive.net> wrote:
> I'm afraid of the Boss Metal Zone, because I bought the DOD "Death Metal"
> pedal once and it was the noisiest pedal I have ever encountered.  I
> mean,
> the hiss/hum was as loud as the notes you would play.  Great for getting
> Yamatsuka Eye and Mike Patton vocal filth for sound collages, but not
> much
> good for crunchy guitar with clean breaks.

Ah well, for those tight clean breaks, you'll definitely need some sort of
noise gate.  I know Meshuggah also wax their pickups to prevent feedback.
Getting a good metal sound can be quite complicated :)

 -- ernesto schnack
http://schnack.does.it