MIDI control of Virtual Effects

Greetings
Spent the weekend discovering that the FX Machine effects matrix within
SparkXL works wonderfully processing realtime audio input (guitar), both in
OSX and 9.2.2. (Oh, the places I'll go, the plugins I'll know!) Is anybody
else playing around with this kind of thing? All that's so far keeping this
from being a really magnificent processing option is realtime MIDI
continuous control. A few assignable LFOs would be sweet, too. Tips,
anyone?
David