Re: Help! I may need a new line mixer!

I spent a real long time trying to dig up one of those Rocktron mixers.
Even
spoke with the Rocktron folks (now owned by GHS) here in Michigan and they
say they haven't had one around for over 6 years. I remember seeing one
used
from a place on the East Coast for around $400-$500. Don't remember the
name, sorry.

I need at least 4 sends and couldn't find anything. I finally broke down
and
bought the big Behringer MX2624 ($250). It has 6 aux sends. The nice thing
about it, and it almost makes up for the weight, is that it is is only 8
spaces (cables from the rear). I put it in the top of the cheap(around
$60)
SKB DJ shuttle that has 8 on top and 4 in front and despite being a bit
flimsy, protects nicely and is light. I put a plex and an echo pro in the
front with other revolving pieces. It works great and isn't too bad to
move
around. I do 3 nights a week min with it, a board, 1 or 2 amps, and a
guitar
or 2. It only sucks at 3am.

Nick Schillace
Detroit