Eliminating a mid section of a loop -was- Re: multiple jam-things

  Louie, you can eliminate a middle section from a loop with the EDP, by
using multiply.  -or more accurately, sus unrounded multiply.
  If your loop consisted of an A B and C section like you mention, you can
wait until B passes, and then engage sus unrounded multiply as C starts,
and then disengage it after the A section goes by.   Now, you've
effectively eliminated the B section.  Does this make sense?
  As someone else mentioned, windowing can do this too, but this way may be
quicker and more precise I think.   <smile>   -HOpe this helps.

Smiles,

Cara

At 12:22 PM 5/8/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Mark you are absolutely right man!
>I have both the EDP and repeater and sometimes i just
>get too exhausted specially syncing them together.I
>spend too much time on the technical side of things
>and lately i am very unfocused on the music.I ve been
>thinking of taking one of them out of my rack for a
>couple of months just to build a better relationship
>with one of them.In terms of creativity they are both
>animals!
>Another thing ive noticed is that i do most of my
>looping uncounsciously within the first 10 seconds at
>the most.I suppose certain limitations are healthy at
>times as well...
>My one wish from both loopers for example would be
>that i could cut a middle part (from A,B,C cut B and
>paste A and C together) sort of like Acid.Or is there
>a way of accompishing this...
>You loop gurus outhere?
>Cheers
>Louie
>

>--- mark <sine@zerocrossing.net> wrote:
>> I can't imagine using the word "sync" and "Line6
>> Echo Pro" in the same
>> sentence... unless you're talking about it's delays,
>> and even then I'd
>> say it's not really syncing.  However, this can be
>> very cool too.  A
>> few weeks ago Will Wright and I jammed, he on the
>> Echo Pro and I using
>> a Repeater and we more or less just set the Echo
>> Pro's loop size my
>> ear.  Since what will was doing was leaning toward
>> the abstract it was
>> interesting to have the sync of his loop constantly
>> drifting from my
>> loops which firmly follow the drummachine.  That
>> constantly changing
>> relationship is nice.
>>
>> There are days I still miss my JamMan's "simple"
>> operation (I had an
>> early Bob Sallon chip mod that gave me some new
>> functions, but I don't
>> think I got things like the panning and multiple
>> concurrent loops)  It
>> makes me want one again!  What I love best about the
>> JamMan that *no*
>> other looper does?  One step loop creation when
>> synced to a MIDI clock.
>>   I choose the amount of beats it looks for and the
>> start point and then
>> I can just PLAY.  Yeah, I know you can do something
>> a little similar
>> with the EDP, but I've tried that and it's *not* the
>> same.  My request
>> for Loop5 would be to have a mode where you can set
>> up your quantize
>> and after hitting record automatically go into
>> overdub after a
>> specified number of beats.
>>
>> For a short time I did run an EDP and a Repeater at
>> the same time, and
>> I found it to be too much.  Each unit does PLENTY in
>> my opinion.  I
>> rarely ended up using them both together, but I
>> would imagine like
> [...]

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.