RE: midi control SW sampler live/hands free

> (the 1010 does
>  NOT send Note OFFs)

the FCB1010 sends note-OFF when you release the footswitch
(or an equivalent note-ON with vel=0)

>Googling around I saw a Yamaha MFC10 foot controller which specs say will
send
>note on and note off. Sounds like it might be in the ballpark to be able
>start setting up and triggering samplers from a computer/sampler.
>
>Anyone have one?

Yes, I have a  MFC10, it's easy to program and got
lots of nice features. However there's an incredible delay
between hitting the switch and getting a response,
almost 100ms!!!
This delay was confirmed by Yamaha UK tech support.

andy butler