Loops as techniques extension, was Re: Frisell

chrismandel@juno.com wrote:
> i'd agree that his compositions arn't really loop based (other than
>somewhat on his solo album..."Gost Ship"

  I think its called).  but loops are a big part of his sound these days.

  they are kinda rudementary from a looper's perspective, but ground
breaking from a jazz stand point. -chris

There aint a damn thang "rudimentary" about Frisell's loops! Anymore
than his guitar playing is "rudimentary" :-)  If you see him perform
live you can really appreciate the consumate skill with which he
approaches looping as an extenstion of his guitar. The only other person
I can think of who has such a seemless loop technique would be David
Torn. Course, that Nels Cline aint no slouch either...

D.G.