OT: state

Well, ultimately, I guess you'd have to blame it on the genetically mutated
strain of wheat (the husks were too strong to allow the seeds to fall
without threshing) which would have died out if it had not become the basis
of agriculture in the middle east way back when and started this whole
civilisation thing with its imaginary boundaries and laws and what not ...