(new) Mellotron Question

I friend of mine is thinking about buying one of the new Mellotron Mark
VI units.
More info on these from the order page at:
http://www.mellotron.com/mkvi.htm

However, he has heard rumors of some significant issues with the GERMAN
made units and is looking for first hand confirmation from people who
have either purchased or used one.

Does anyone have first hand info about these German made units? Are they
as  good and the "original" US made mark VI units from a few years ago?
Did they in fact have some problems with the German made mellotrons?
Have problems been rectified?

I figured if anyone would know it would be someone from these lists :)
Any/all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!