LiveLooping.com

>>>So when you try to claim Live Looping as a genre, I'm still lost
>>>as to what you are talking about.
>>
>>and if you hear "jazz", you know?
>
>yes. I'm not yet so great at identifying all the sub-genres, and I'm
>not so anal as Wynton, but overall, yes.

but if you had to explain or define it to someone who never heard it,
you would have a hard time, no?
You got the feel by listening enough to it and the sub-genres are
arround for some time, so they are expressions filled with content.
But none of them is precise either, there are always artists that
fall in between or out, no?

>>>I really don't see how regular music listeners can understand it either.
>>
>>right, we need to try to show them.
>
>Well, it is music so they should hear it rather than see it. So what
>exactly is it that they will hear? How will they understand it?

yes, the primary way to show it is through the music itself.
we will have to gather examples and probably soon start to group them
- a delicate task, really.

>>>Certainly you can explain to them about the looping techniques and
>>>devices the musicians are using, and maybe they will find that a
>>>bit interesting in an educational way.
>>
>>very true, we have that all on LD.
>
>which would be completely boring to most non-musician listeners,
>that was the point there.

exacly. we need a site that is interesting for non-musicians.

>>>But that isn't describing the music, and ultimately people go to
>>>listen to music not the musician's technique.
>>
>>Thats what we want to start LiveLooping.com for.
>
>The point was, that describing something by the technique used will
>not help promote, only confuse. Is that not so?

Yes, we dont intend to describe it by the technique there, apart from
some rough introduction which may be helpful to follow the music. For
the ones interested in technique there is a link to LD.

>how is your website going to solve any of this if you can't
>articulate it here?

Well, there is more space and its not just me...

I did articulate a lot here in the past years. The work to bring it
all together in a nice form has not been done yet, and its a
collective effort.
At this point I dont think we will ever manage to explain it all in a
paragraph, not even a site, but I am not worried with that, I find it
a good sign even.
Its a huge task to bring a feeling, a spirit to someone. It depends a
lot on the way a listener percieves. Apart from the music itself, we
can use pictures and talk about livestyle and convictions of related
people. Another way is to display the history which lead to where we
are.

Its nothing precise, and never finishes, because the spirit itself
keeps gowing and changing as it did in the past.

It has a lot to do with afinity. If we manage to tune in together,
inspiration will flow and the result will "have style" and become
understandable.
We dont want to exclude anyone as long as they more or less accept
the definition of live looping as it has grown so far and their
intention is to tune in and support the process!

So far, funding is not solved... :-(
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org