Re: 1st Loop Workaround in Ableton's LIVE 4.0

On Jun 8, 2004, at 8:20 PM, the toy room wrote:
> Now, see?  That's why this list is so addictive!  You have just
> inspired
> me to pull that Z8 out again and enlist a PS/2 keyboard that is
> collecting dust, and capture some loops from my other loopers on it!  I
> think that may be my next paradigm with the Z8...treating it as a
> 'sampler' more than a sound module...

coolness.

i discovered last night while in a mastering session (which involved
some sound design ...  Peoria's a crazy place) that while in the sample
loop edit mode that i can play the sample via MIDI and adjust the loop
points to get the effect i wanted. it hadn't even occurred to me to try
it that way.

considering the output of the sampler goes into the FilterFactory and i
have the USB connection, i could possibly actually pull that stuff at a
gig. like my own little Publison Infernal Machine!
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com