Re: Space Station Re: the finite nature of things

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Timothy Mungenast wrote:

> So is there anything out there that does the Space Station's string pad
> thing?

>From the "falling asteroids" mp3 it sounds like pitch shifting with
feedback on a delay, so you get a cascading effect of rising tones.  I can
get a similar sound from my korg ax1000g.  Correct me if I'm completely
mishearing things.

Now, what's a source for the lo-fi/atari noises?  I've gotten similar
effects from mistracking octavers, but not reliably...