Re: a small sampler?

>can anyone recommend a _small_ sampler? I want to use my midified guitar
>on
>stage, e.g. to play organ or mellotron samples...

A friend uses the tiny Yamaha SU-10 sampler for static looping. IIRC it
has only 4 voice polyphony and I'd guess MIDI-guitarists want 6.  It IS
small - about the size of a VHS tape.  Maybe one of the Yamaha desktop
samplers would work (SU200 or SU700).  Does Zoom make one?

If all you want are a few organ and mellotron sounds, look into used 1- or
1/2-space rack synth modules or a desktop GM SoundCanvas.  I like the few
organs and strings in my old Kurzweil Micro Piano 1/2-rack module.
Friends like their EMU Vintage Keys or Roland or Korg modules of various
vintages for organ and mellotron sounds.

I use the free J.P. Hovercraft mellotron samples in my AKAI S3000 sampler
(NOT a small box) and they work OK after tweaking and cross-fading.
That's an OK stop-gap until I get better mellotron samples from
Propellerheads and/or Mike Pinder ($$$).

Have fun,
Nick