Re: which looper is my looper??? please help :-)

Hi Simon,

And welcome to the list! If you can stand recording on a computer I
think Ableton Live will do all the things you listed. However, if you
should want to record by overdubbing many layers into the same loop it
gets a little complicated in Live. But as you did not specify overdub
looping I take it you don't want to do that and I can recommend Live.
There's a free demo to download with a very good PDF manual so you can
really check it out deeply before buying. http://www.ableton.com/

When recording loops into Live you can prepare a session by assigning
midi notes, or foot pedals if you want, to empty slots. You start the
sequencer and as you send the controller midi addressing a certain slot
it starts recording. Then it keeps on recording until you send the same
msg a second time. Voila - there you have a loop, without ever stopping
the groove. You can go directly from recording into having the loop
immediately playing back. Just listen, play, record, evaluate, delete,
play again and so on.

I have also been using the Repeater and although it has only four
tracks it will let you overdub as many layers you need on each track.
Except for being a piece of dedicated hardware that's the biggest
difference IMHO.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---