Re: John Abercrombie

I may be wandering way off topic, but I think it's interesting how
Abercrombie seems to be getting noisier and more aggresive as he gets
older.  I love the old stuff, but I also love the work he's done in
his organ trio with Dan Wall and Adam Nussbaum. I'm also a big fan of
his (very outside) playing with the organist Jeff Palmer ("Island
Universe" on Black Saint is a great album) and the two Hendrix tribute
CDs with organist Dr. Lonnie Smith ("Purple Haze" and "Foxy Lady").
Quite a contrast from "Gateway".

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net