Controlling EDPs with MIDI/Behringer

Being a late bloomer, I am just now getting around to controlling my
linked EDPs with a Behringer MIDI controller. I just about have it
working great, but something odd is happening.

First, both units, 1 (primary) and 2 are linked via Brother sync and
MIDI.  I recorded a four measure loop, and hit Record again to play it
back...but what happens is that only the second EDP is playing the loop
back, not the primary. I can see the Feedback LED light up on that unit,
but not the primary unit.  Any clues as to why this would occur?  I am
assuming I need to makes some changes to my MIDI parameters?

Kris