Re: Great video on Ableton Live live looping by Kid Beyond

On Jul 27, 2005, at 14:45, Hartung, Kris wrote:

> One interesting thing in the video is that it emphasizes that in Live
> you have to start with a pre-recorded loop of some sort, like a click,
> etc....you can hear him start with them. Is this still the case?

If using only Live as the looping device you have do it that way.

I'm using it differently though, by looping both in Live and in the
Augustus Looper plug-in, that is opened in one Live channel. I'm
setting Live to slave to MIDI clock and when I start looping in the
plug-in it sends out the correct tempo (just like an EDP) and Live
starts to follow the tempo of my first recorded loop. This scenario
was a bit flaky before, but now it seems to work fine with the latest
versions of Live and Augustus.

You can also run Live as the sync slave to an EDP and start the first
loop in the EDP to get at the first loop tempo setting flow.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)