Re: Defining "pro"

On Oct 18, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Travis Hartnett wrote:

> Any problem that only manifests itself after it's been on for five or
> six hours sounds thermal related.  Is it in a rack, and how warm is
> the gear around the EDP?

yeah, i get it. it is probably a thermal problem.  but my point is that
in ten years of use my pcm-70 has never done that, my other "pro" gear
has been far more reliable; and when it isn't, the company helps me.
that wasn't my experience with gibson.

for the record it's in the top of a mesa-boogie shock rack (which has
lots of space around it) with two empty rack spaces above it. below it
is.. various things.. a pcm-70, a flash switcher.. but it exhibits this
behaviour on a table-top as well.

thanks

ric hordinski