Re: Mobius/Windows: how to stop loops

On 4 jan 2006, at 17.23, Tom Combs wrote:

> Per,
>
> Do you run Mobius standalone or as a VST?

Hi Tom,

I've been trying out both and for the moment settled with the
standalone version. There are pros and cons with both. I play
instruments through a TC Electronics FireworX stereo multi effect box
and like to get those sounds hardwired into the loops so I can cut up
and mess around more with the loops. There's not much time available
for instant multi track live remixing when you're playing instruments
at the same time ;-)   I'd rather erase and redo in two seconds than
stretch for the appropriate mixer fader if one sound layer should
come out too loud or too down.

Also, i'f I should use Live synced after Möbius, many of my Fireworx
patches would suffer from the unstable "second generation" MIDI clock
sent out from Live, causing ugly digital noise. Unfortunately Möbius
can not send out MIDI clock sync signal over multiple ports (into
Live + to physical MIDI port where my Fireworx gets its sync signal)
so the only way to sync these three units is to run Möbius as the
master, having Live sync up as a slave and at the same time create a
new MIDI Clock signal (way crappier "second generation" because Live
has to play catch-up all the time) and send that out to the FireworX
box. Crazy!  It's not a bug, it's just how MIDI Clock sync is working.

I hope Möbius will soon let you define multiple MIDI ports by
preferences, the way Live 5 does. Then this would not be a problem
and I would be able to run both Live and FireworX slaved DIRECTLY to
Möbius original (and stable) MIDI clock signal. On that day I might
return to the VST version ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)