Re: Recording Programs?

Quoting Stephen Goodman <spgoodman@earthlight.net>:

> 1. What recording program do you use?

Cubase SX3.

> 2. Why?  Is there something you get from your program that you can't
> anywhere else?

In the 1980s my I used Dr. T's software for my sequencing.  Since I
was Atari-based, the Cubase Audio Falcon package proved a good
solution because it ran on my Atari equipment.  This provided
synchronized MIDI and audio tracks.

A year ago when I modernized I decided to stay with Cubase because of
a small learning curve for me to go from Atari Cubase to PC Cubase.
Cubase SX3 has support for Surround sound which is important to me
because I prefer to perform in surround sound whenever possible.

Though I have downloaded Mobius, I haven't spent enough time with it
yet to get it to work.  I would like to use Mobius as a VST plugin.

Does all this mean that I believe Cubase is the "best of the best"?
Well, of course not -- there may be better environments than Cubase.
For my musical needs and for a smooth transition from the Atari
platform, Cubase SX3 was the best choice for me.

-- Kevin