Re: OT: Vocal Harmonizer recommendations?

On 11 jul 2007, at 05.05, RICK WALKER wrote:

> Does anyone have any advice for me or are there units to avoid (for
> reasons of noise or lack of sophistication)?

I was looking for a similar device, for similar reasons, a couple of
years ago, and I remember finding the best information at Harmony
Central's User Reviews. Actually I found a tip for a viable unit but
today I can't remember which one it was. You see, before I could buy
it I changed my concept about real-time harmonization and decided to
go for only two added notes to leave place for the third note of the
triad to be played by me as the live input signal. This way I can
move freely between major and minor and improvise more fluently. This
is why I settled for the FireworX instead of the Eclipse and today I
have even sold the FireworX and set up almost those "add-two-notes"
patches with VST plug-ins. (I'm also doing live harmonization on the
MIDI side when playing the EWI, but that's OT here)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)