Free good plug-ins within OSX (was: Re: choosing the right laptop for live looping , real time DSP processing and running Video

A couple of days back someone posted what he thought was nice with
using OSX for audio. I answered that post by mentioning some OSX only
applications I like very much. But today I suddenly found out some
great news about OSX. As you probably know Apple is bundling 16
different audio plug-ins with OSX. When I first tried them out some
three years back they were not very light on the CPU and brought some
crackling noise artifacts as well. During the two last years I have
been mostly looping in Windows with Mobius and producing recordings
in OSX with Logic, so I have not really had any reason to even load
any of Apple's free plug-ins. Today I did and found that the buys at
Cupertino must have been working a lot on them lately because even my
old G4 1.25 GHz powerbook can run an Eclipse-sounding patch I mocked
up with the free Matrix reverb and a Pitch-Shifter put in a feedback
loop that feeds back into its own input. Holy crap what a pristine
sound! For those lucky to own a modern intel mac I imagine not many
commercial plug-ins would be needed really. I just had to post this,
because two years have passed without me even knowing this have been
happening. So if anyone else should be interested, now you know too.
You find them in any audio applications under "AU Effects / Apple"

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)