Re: Macbook for Windows looping

Hey Michael,

I've really been researching the hell out of the very question you just
asked
about getting a Macbook to run Windows for looping.

>From at least 6 different sources who I respect deeply and who
I believe are not prejudicial to either operating system (Win XP and Max
OS
X)
the consensus is to NOT invest in a PC machine but to go the route
of the MacBook and as has already been discussed,  the Macbook Pro if
synchronized video is something you want to do as well.

I did hear this, however, and because I don't own one yet, I don't know if
it's true or not.
Maybe Macbook and Macbook Pro owners can chime in.

When running the Parallels program which allows for simultaneous operation
of both operating systems,
it will be necessary to have 2 megs of RAM for EACH side.

I've also heard it said several times that running Parallels has NOT been
eficacious for audio on the Win side of the machine
(and all consensus is to not dream of using Win VISTA to run
music..............at least until their service pack 2 is available in
a year or two...............remember how unstable Win XP was before
service
pack 2)
but that it's better to run Boot Camp which is an either or solution to
the
operating system.

To me the really attractive thing about the Macbook is that one can run
there internet browser and email programs under
OS X where there is very little danger of viruses and spy, ad and malware)
and then,  if you are a Windows music app fan
run your music applications on the WIN XP side.

I am no expert but this is what I've learned after having queeried tons
and
tons of people.

I have a valued student who just bought a MacBook Pro and he is going to
let
me borrow it to install some Win XP programs
so I can figure out how well it runs my own favorite programs  (Fruity
Loops,  Sony ACID,  Sony Sound Forge, Sony Vegas Video,
Adobe Audition,  Tuareg,  Granulab, et. al.)    I currently am only
looping
with hardwared but may be forced to
put together a laptop solution in order to be able to afford to do my next
large European tour.

I'll let you know what I find out.

yours,  Rick

ps I have been a rather stubborn Win XP advocate for all these years for
what it's worth so,  as  fellow Win XP advocate says,
'they really have me drinking the koolaid" to be talking like

Hopefully,  it's never too late to change, though.     If only they made
Moebius and Fruity Loops for Mac OS X.