Re: behringer again again (wasprogrammable delay?)

Art Simon wrote:
> I guess I'm saying that _this particular example_ isn't reverse
> engineering. It does seem as though Behringer is guilty of ripping off
> other companies designs in other examples. But in this example,
> Behringer just seems to be using common componentry to keep costs
> down, which is actually _good_ engineering. They aren't really
> "ripping off Electro-Harmonix" any more than Line6 rips off
> Mesa-Boogie with their amp emulation. (Or Mobius rips off the EDP to
> bring this back on topic : )
>
> On 10/4/07, James Richmond <yahoogroups@jamesrichmond.com> wrote:
>
>>Their copy of the Ebtech cable tester is pretty much a direct copy both
>in
>>looks and electronics.
>>I've opened them up side by side.
>>
>>Jim

Ooups! Shouldn't've mentioned the Behringer stuff, sorry about that.
Ever so often there's a looongish thread on some usenet group.

What Behringer is doing, which ever way, is delivering affordable gear
to those who can't always afford, or don't need, Boutique gear.
The Real McCoy gear will always be shopped by those who wants that.

Summarizing from one of the latest (on rec.audio.pro IIRC), a posting
linked to Ulf Beringer's statements, that reverse engineering is both
ethically justifiable and accepted in every business, further saying "Do
you think Mercedez don't have the latest BMW on a bench in their labs?"

I'll just cool my engines for now ;) Peace, love on Earth et al...

--
rgds,
van Sinn