WG: Reply-to setting

oops, did it again ;)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill [mailto:rs@moinlabs.de]
Gesendet: Samstag, 6. Oktober 2007 23:35
An: 'Krispen Hartung'
Betreff: AW: Reply-to setting

Krispen, Tilmann

I leave my Reply-To blank. The way I understand it, your email client will
enter the "From:" contents of the original message into the "To:" field
when
replying, unless there is a "Reply-To:" field in the message, in which case
it will enter the "Reply-To:" contents instead.

So leaving "Reply-To:" blank should get anyone replying to messages from
you
to reply to you - and anyone who replies to a LD message reply to LD
(because LD enters the "Reply-To:" info if none is present previously). I
don't understand your "all message would be sent to someone else" statement
below.

For me, the only reason to use Reply-to is when I'm writing from an email
account but want replies to go to another account (e.g. writing from work
and wanting the replies sent to my private email address).

        Rainer