Re: new composition influenced by looping and some ramblings

Quoting Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>:

> On Oct 31, 2007, at 17:18, kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com wrote:
>
>> Well, since I like Elfman's work I take it as a compliment.
>

> Obviously I need to take a new listen to Danny Elfman's work because to
> me the only "Elfmannish" in that has been the fakt that it was "made
> for use in movies". I must have missed some personal musical expression
> vibrating through all his work. Note taken - will listen up.

I will admit, other than "Nightmare Before Christmas" I don't have
much familiarty with Elfman's music.

The reference may have been to another work I did last year, entitled:

"Mummies and Unholy Ghosts" http://kevinkissinger.com/mummies.shtml  .

The work utilizes some orchestral writing (including use of tympanis
and strings) and of course the Halloween theme.

Each year, the "Spellbound" program ( spellbound.purplenote.com  - a
podcast) does a Halloween special and these are works that I've
created for them.

-- Kevin