Re: Six output guitar pick-up. Good for

The reason I use a hex pickup in the neck position rather than a
Roland GK-2-type bridge pickup is that I'm driving an octave divider
pedal which bounces octaves less frequently when the signal is coming
from the neck position. I always have the low E and A strings
connected, and the top 4 strings are always connected. So the only
crosstalk that can cause me problems is the D string bleeding heavily
into the A string when I am in split more (octave divider on the lower
2 strings and guitar sound on the top 4).

I agree with Matthias that a bridge-mounted hex pickup is better for
hexaphonic distortion and synth tracking. But a neck-position one is
better for an octave divider effect.

On 8/5/08, Raul Bonell <raul.bonell@gmail.com> wrote:
> how this would improve triggering for my oberheim matrix-100. was kim who
> used to like the matrix?... ;-)
> raul.
>
> 2008/8/5 Matthias Grob <matilists@atarde.com.br>
>
>> cross talk must be big, so it would not serve for polyphonic distortion
>or
>> attack dependent processing
>> thats why the previous polypickups like Roland GK2 is small and near the
>> bridge - where it has little bass
>> thats why the good solution is piezo
>> Rolfspuler.com is going to sell his separately, eventually...
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>> On 5 Aug 2008, at 11:40, Diatonis wrote:
>>
>>  Thank you for finding this.
>>>
>>> I think it would also be great for spatialization in 5.1 or 3D.  The
>>> stereo mp3 did sound like each string was somewhat isolated.
>>>
>>> Stuart
>>> Diatonis

--
Mark Smart