Re: audio to midi vst plugins

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:31 AM, André Donawa <andre@andredonawa.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seriously thinking of going the software route as much as possible
>and
> was wondering ifanyone using these in their setup?
> Is the tracking any good?
> What about melodyne?
>
> Andre

I too was hoping Melodyne could do audo to midi conversion in
real-time, but as Chris I found that it is not working. However, for
desktop music production Melodyne produces very useful midi sequences
out of any (already) recorded piece of audio.

I performed for a while with a guitar equipped with MIDI pickups but
today I have taken a different direction by also playing a MIDI only
instrument (EWI) in parallel with the guitar or whatever acoustic
instrument I might be using. I found that it is possible to play
musically better MIDI if using a MIDI instrument than if using an
acoustic/electric instrument and convert the audio to MIDI.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)