Re: RE: What is looping .... was _MUSIC - "D Torn Kaisers Aars E.T." tríbute to some heroes

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Anders Bergdahl wrote:

I think Kim Flint was interested in this Sequencer style looping and hoped to see it used with the more "traditional" looping and I'm kind of surprised that there is so little of it.
Along these lines, one of the things that I'm working on for the Walker Manual Glitch pedal is the ability to loop the
data of the machine as opposed to the audio of the machine in exactly this way.

What excites me is that a series of manual manipulations (triggering rhythms or 'glitching' silence or other sounds into an existent
ambient loop whilst manipulating filter frequencies, center frequencies and volume) and then sending a randomly recorded
ambient loop through that data  means that each time a 'rhythm' is played, the timbre will be slightly different because the
processing 'loop' of the glitch pedal and the ambient loop that feeds into it will not be in the same position.

A dream for me is to have an LP-2 on the front side of the Walker Manual Glitch Pedal and an LP-2 on the output but syncrhonized
to the data stream of the WMGP.

The idea is to create ostinato loops that, nonetheless constantly shift slightly in timbre............not unlike
a guitarist who picks in a very funky manner but NOT perfectly.

We're getting there with this pedal (thanks to the vision of Bill Putnam of UA)  I think it actually will come out at some point and with some very, very exciting new technological innovations associated with it that I can't talk about as yet.

I'm only sad that Kim won't be around to appreciate it's release as I think he'd get a kick out of it.

Rick Walker