RE: Octatrack vs Ableton Live quick help

ONE way to do it on the octa is to program a sequence as your arpeggio and the pitch shift the whole thing from the midi controller.. another way might be to use the MIDI arpegiatir on the octatrack but connected to a non midi octatrack track (the octa track has eight midi tracks ANS eight "normal" track" so the midi tracks can control external synths (or any MIDI stuff including a EDP, which means that i can MIDI program sequences of EDP behavior .. now since i now next to nothning about midi i have not experimented with this.. yet.. :-) )
A cool thin is the use rate to change pitch instead of pitch siince you can then use non standard intervals related to natural harmonics 1/2 speed is an octave and so on of course pitch is not fixed to intervals so it is doable there as well but rate gives a different timbre to the sound....)

Anders