Re: Looping Setup/Matthias Comments

At 09:51 AM 9/27/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>I'VE JUST (FOR THE 100th time) REBUILT MY PEDALBOARD AND REROUTED
>>EVERYTHING.  DETAILS WILL FOLLOWS WHEN TIME PERMITS, BUT NOW I HAVE THE
>BEST
>>OF BOTH WORLDS:  I CAN LOOP "EFFECTED" SOUNDS AND THEN "EFFECT" MY ENTIRE
>>LOOP.  BIG FUN HERE AT 17...
>
>I was just wondering if this could be done with the echoplex and
>a TSR24s.  Since the TSR24s has 2 processors, 2 inputs and 4 outs
>it should be possible to use one processor as a pre-loop effector,
>output it in mono to the echoplex, then return the looped signal
>back to the second processor of the TSR24s for stereo post-loop
>processing.
>
>Saving my bux,
>Clark

CLARK-

It CAN be done, but I've opted not to.  Reason being, you LOSE stereo
completely.  All those beautiful rooms disappear.  The voices sound good in
mono, but you lose that "space".  Also, the task of programming each of
hundreds of voices to be split would be mammoth.  Doable, but no fun.

I noticed that DIGITECH is making some kind of QUAD IN QUAD OUT
devices....don't know anything about 'em, but maybe that's your answer.

My setup pleases me, because GOING IN I have distortions, harmonizers,
choruses, flangers, etc. and GOING OUT I have reverbs, reverse reverbs, and
all the super quality effects of the TSR-24S........

have fun!

dave at studio seventeen
173451681734516817345168173451681734516817345168

*               *  *  *  *  *         i'll be downstairs if you need me.
*                  *          i'll still be downstairs if you DON'T need
me
*                          *             (Mr. Blint, Consequences/Godley &
Creme)

visit: http:www.adnc.com/web/ambient/index.html
seventeen: the ambient music page

173451681734516817345168173451681734516817345168