MY ECHOPLEX IS BROKEN

That's right, the thing's on the fritz.

When recording a loop, say, one note, the note will decay at a relatively
normal rate, but then suddenly cut completely out after falling below a
certain lvel.  I've tried this in several different modes, with and
without threshold, and nothing helps it.

I'm also noticing quite a bit more digital noise on the looped sound
during recording and playback than I previously have.  I had previously
been unable to tell the original signal from the loop, but there's now
quite a bit of aliasing I can hear.

Can Kim or anyone else *please* send me any information that can help.  I
am UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES prepared to send the unit to Oberheim, since it
has been well-documented on this list that they have had very poor
customer relations and have in some cases kept Echoplexes several months
without communication.  I'll take the unit directly to Kim for work if
need be (and if possible), but as my previous post mentioned, I have a
very impotant gig coming up, and if I cannot get the Oberheim repaired,
than I'll be forced to cancel the performance.

Unfortunately, I'll also be forced to seriously reconsider the long-term
feasibility of trying to work with what increasingly appears to be a
highly bug-ridden machine with no official support available to it.  So
again, if anyone can offer help, then please do.  Otherwise, my days with
the Echoplex may be seriously numbered...

--Andre