Update on Plex problems

More on my malfunctioning Echoplex --

It has come to my attention that the rack containing the Echoplex had,
previous to my latest ill-fated endeavor at running it, *fallen off of a
chair*.  To make matters worse, the face plate for the rack was
apparently not affixed when this happened, so the rack modules landed
knobs-first on the floor.

I unscrewed the top of the Plex, and both the knobs and the circuit boards
seemed intact and (visually) undamaged.  My assumption is that the board
affixed to the knobs would have suffered damage more readilly than any
other part of the unit, but it appears undamaged.  (Though the two
left-hand pots do make a bit of a wierd mechanical noise when turned,
there's no readilly audible affect in the actual sound signal).

Nonetheless, the loops continue to suddenly cut off when the volume dips
below a certain level.  And perhaps it's my imagination, but it sure
sounds like there's more aliasing on the loops than there used to be.

At any rate, the situation remains rather critical for me.  What I need
to know is who I can take the unit to and expect to get the thing back
repaired (or for that matter, to simply get the thing back).  I'm
prepared to hop in the car at a moment's notice and head up to the bay
area for the necessary repair work, but I need to know *soon*.

Again, thanks for any help, and for any speed with which it can be
rendered,

--Andre