Re: Looks like it's cool...

Andre said:
>Well, folks, it's time for me to pull my foot out of my mouth, I think.
>Thanks *very* much to those of you who have responded with the test on the
>Plex; everyone has indicated the same basic "problem" with note decay.
>
>So it seems tht I had, in fact, not noticed this ideosyncrasy until now.
>At least I know the thing's in proper functioning order.

Good to see you're feeling a bit better, Andre. Glad we could help!

Sorry about the decay problem, we'll try to create some new functions to
make that easier to deal with on a future software version. For now, its a
design tradeoff that we have to live with for a while. Funny thing here is,
if you look for the decay cutoff you can find it, but you are the first
person to actually bring it up that I know of. I guess in most people's
applications, it doesn't come up. Tells me the design choice was right,
although we'll see if we can come up with a way to improve it.

Matthias:
>> Lets not charge the list too much with such stuff, please.
>
>For the most part I agree wholeheartedly; let me again apologize for
>taking up quite a bit of bandwidth with what has proved to be a
>non-existent problem, particularly to Kim, whose correct diagnosis I
>erroneously doubted.  (At least he can glean some comic relief from the
>panic-striken voice on his answering machine...)

You gave me a g-wiz flashback, but that's ok....

>Nonetheless, I *do* think that the list should be able to accomodate
>emergencies such as this, i.e. problems with the potential to cause
>series hassle for impending gigs/projects/etc.  God knows where I'd have
>been without y'all to provide some much-needed assistance.  Given that
>we're all using fringe technology that's still in the embryonic stages of
>evolution, I think one of the advantages of a list such as this is to
>provide technical support.

I agree with Andre....this can be a useful tool to help people out of a
difficult situation in a short amount of time. The tradeoff, of course, is
that in a public forum you will undoubtedly have people only glancing at
things. They see the initially outraged/paniced description of a problem,
but maybe miss the resolution. They then wind up with opinions that the
item in question may not totally deserve, or are out of proportion with the
real situation.

kim