Re: Looks like it's cool...

>Andre said:
>>Well, folks, it's time for me to pull my foot out of my mouth, I think.
>>Thanks *very* much to those of you who have responded with the test on
>the
>>Plex; everyone has indicated the same basic "problem" with note decay.
>>
>>So it seems tht I had, in fact, not noticed this ideosyncrasy until now.
>>At least I know the thing's in proper functioning order.

Kim, releived:
>Good to see you're feeling a bit better, Andre. Glad we could help!

idem

>Sorry about the decay problem, we'll try to create some new functions to
>make that easier to deal with on a future software version. For now, its a
>design tradeoff that we have to live with for a while. Funny thing here
>is,
>if you look for the decay cutoff you can find it, but you are the first
>person to actually bring it up that I know of. I guess in most people's
>applications, it doesn't come up. Tells me the design choice was right,
>although we'll see if we can come up with a way to improve it.

Hey, wait a minute!
 Should apologise for a necessary feature I worked a lot for?
Even more since I managed to hide it so it only helps and never becomes
notable?

>Matthias:
>>> Lets not charge the list too much with such stuff, please.
>>
>>For the most part I agree wholeheartedly; let me again apologize for
>>taking up quite a bit of bandwidth with what has proved to be a
>>non-existent problem, particularly to Kim, whose correct diagnosis I
>>erroneously doubted.  (At least he can glean some comic relief from the
>>panic-striken voice on his answering machine...)

Thats fine. I worked a lot repairing for musicians and more than 50% of the
cases there was no error! I learned about the various conditions that lead
us to think that something is wrong or inverse - thats a new subject...

>>Nonetheless, I *do* think that the list should be able to accomodate
>>emergencies such as this, i.e. problems with the potential to cause
>>series hassle for impending gigs/projects/etc.  God knows where I'd have
>>been without y'all to provide some much-needed assistance.  Given that
>>we're all using fringe technology that's still in the embryonic stages of
>>evolution, I think one of the advantages of a list such as this is to
>>provide technical support.

Cewrtainly. This is also a whole subject. In many cases, it is important
for the others to know, what problems might ocurr. In others (like droping
the unit) may be less.
A different story is the energy you acumulate. Only the fact that 50 people
suffer with you and want your problem to be fixed, in many cases physically
fixes the problem.
One day, I will post my serious problems so we can fix them all together.

By the way... how is Michaels noise?
Some might think that he produces only noise out there in Germany, but very
wrong! He gave me two tapes of his loops and I think its very serious stuff
- and without noise!

>I agree with Andre....this can be a useful tool to help people out of a
>difficult situation in a short amount of time. The tradeoff, of course, is
>that in a public forum you will undoubtedly have people only glancing at
>things. They see the initially outraged/paniced description of a problem,
>but maybe miss the resolution. They then wind up with opinions that the
>item in question may not totally deserve, or are out of proportion with
>the
>real situation.

Oh yes, thats another side. Although you say now, that there was no
problem, in the subconscious of many members might have sticked that the
Echoplex "creates problems", "is hard to fix" and that your "days with
the Echoplex may be seriously numbered... "

Not so bad. For me, the story is over.

Matthias