Re: gear questions

Hi Collier

> 4) found one of the old 16-second delays. floor unit
> with the sliders... guy has $795 on it... I didn't ask
> if that was a joke.

Actually it's no joke. I owned 2 of them and sold both
to a fellow in Toronto for $1750.00 (with six button
remote a foot controller that makes it about as easy
to use as the EDP).

To know the unit is to love it. I had a real tough time
saying goodbye to mine myself. All of the hype surrounding
the Echoplex as the ultimate looping device finally won me
over in the end though.

I sold them to get the $$$ to buy the fully maxed out pair
of Obies that I got just a month or so ago. Though the EDPs
are terrific in several ways that I hope to fully take
advantage of, I still miss the ability to simply grab a slider
and mess with delay time (and pitch), and the modulation
control. Yep, I know they were ancient technology compared
to what we now have available, but their low fidelity gave
them a charm all their own. And they worked... I owned them
for over 10 years and they only went to the shop once.

So that price is actually pretty close to the going rate...

Ted