Re: gear questions

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Louis Collier Hyams wrote:

> 6) any news from the vortex availability scene? guitar center still have
>'em?
> the few I've seen in stories are at retail prices(peak retail!)

The Guitar Center in Sherman Oaks (which is where I snagged mine from)
still has the $149 price tag.  Unless Top 40 radio suddenly starts
spinning the radio edit of "Particle Bugs @ Perulia Station" and
everybody sudenly trades in their Fender Jaguars and Big Muff pedals for
Torn-inspired gear, you should be able to talk a Guitar Center into
unloading their remaining Texes at that price.  (When I went in to buy
mine a month ago, the guy behind the counter quipped, "Great!  How many
do you want today?")

--Andre